I'll Answer Your Questions Honestly: Ask Me Anything

 

I'll Answer Your Questions Honestly: Ask Me Anything



I can't tell you how many emails I get from people telling me how they've never been able to find 'the one'. And I get it. It's not like there's a clear, straightforward way to find someone to date or have a relationship with. We all want to feel loved and accepted. We want to know that we're not alone, that we're not just one of the unlucky ones. I hope that talking about all of this openly will be helpful. I'm not perfect. I get hurt and I screw up sometimes. I know what it's like to be lonely and I know what it's like to feel like you're never going to find someone


Discussion Starters for Conversation

Question: What is the best way to describe how you feel about ___________? How to: Have a conversation. You're talking to me. You're asking me a question. Let me know the type of conversation you are going for. Are you having a meaningful conversation? A superficial conversation? What level of intimacy do you want to share? Example: "You're exactly right. Your remarks today were really very helpful." Or: "We all know a lot of things. It takes a lot to learn and teach, but it doesn't require an expert to teach us anything." Message: "I appreciate your wisdom." Don't be afraid to practice in front of someone who can't wait to see you fail! Communication is all about expressing feelings. Sometimes the best communication is being quiet.


How to Ask Questions

Don't hesitate to be honest. If you have a burning question about an upcoming activity, suggest asking another mom who's been there before. You'd be surprised by the openness of some parents. If you have a burning question about an upcoming activity, suggest asking another mom who's been there before. You'd be surprised by the openness of some parents. Ask to join in or share what's happening next. Asking for a tour of the classroom or a little extra time to see what she's been up to may be welcome. Asking for a tour of the classroom or a little extra time to see what she's been up to may be welcome. Take the opportunity to ask another mom about her kids or their interests. It's easy to feel left out if your friend isn't exactly like you.



How to Answer Questions

Don't be embarrassed – answering questions is a skill that everyone should master. Act Like You Know Stuff: I'm amazed how much our brains know about our world. It's amazing how many answers you can come up with if you simply stop to think about it! Then how does that work? I spend five to six hours every Tuesday helping the girls after school to prepare for interviews.


What to do When You Don’t Know the Answer

Don’t be afraid to ask your listener a question or two! When you’re not sure if you have the right person in mind, Ask Again: If this person was The last person you talked to on the phone, or the neighbor down the street, you know they’re not the right fit. Then Ask Again: When I Talk To a Person Who Doesn’t Make Sense, How Can I Figure Out How To Talk To Them? Avoid only using your (good) questions. Avoid using… The same questions on every dialogue. Maintain a Written Rolodex Anytime I make a new contact I write the name, and a quick overview of what I’m looking for into a google doc.



Conclusion

The best way to overcome a blank mind is to use conversation starters that relate to the conversation you're trying to start. *Methodology: Data used in this article came from online sources. "> "That's a great question! I wonder what I would say if someone asked me that." It's the dreaded question that plagues all would-be speakers. How do you answer it? The truth is that sometimes you just can't think of anything to say. In those situations, conversation starters can save the day. Case in point: In a recent interaction, a client asked, "What's your background with communications?" I gave him several options. But as he pressed, I realized he wasn't interested in any of them. So I gave him an open-ended question: "What's your question?" At a loss for words?